When there was news about Apple bringing the iPhone 4S to Sprint, people wondered if T-Mobile would be receiving the same treatment as well. Well, the iPhone 4S was announced and T-Mobile turned out to be the only carrier of the “big four” to not get the iPhone 4S – which is kind of puzzling when you take into consideration that such a small carrier like C Spire announced that it would be getting it. T-Mobile’s Andrew Sherrard, Senior Vice President, Marketing put out a statement yesterday explaining the absence of the iPhone on the network.
It turns out that Apple didn’t develop a version of the iPhone with technology that works on T-Mobile’s 3G and 4G networks, hence the phone not being carried by T-Mobile. Maybe T-Mobile shouldn’t have made fun of it in the past? But instead of dwelling on that disappointing fact, he went on to talk about its other smartphones that carry advantages over the iPhone 4S (i.e. faster speeds, bigger screens, compelling service prices, more advanced cameras, and more choices).
If the network does stick around until next year, hopefully the iPhone 5 will make its T-Mobile debut then. How many of you are disappointed that T-Mobile didn’t get the iPhone this time around?RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: Apple Inc, iOS, iPhone, iPhone 4S, t-mobile,
- Seen at: newsroom.t-mobile