What’s the best way to go through the tweets on your timeline without having to read them? You get them read to you of course! Tweet Speaker, a recently released app for iOS devices does just that. Like its name, Tweet Speaker is a Twitter client that does more than just show you your tweets in a snazzy-looking interface. It reads your tweets to you so that you can focus on doing other things at the same time i.e. driving your car.
According to reviews so far, the app is said to have a executed the text to speech portion of the app pretty well, with a clear and easy to understand voice doing the dictation. Abbreviations such as “RT” are read as “Retweet” while webpage titles are mentioned instead of the site URLs. There’s even Tweet Marker support built in so it can pick up where you left off – great for folks with too many tweets to read in one sitting.
Tweet Speaker is available now for $2.99 at the Apple App Store.
Next Story: BMW adds iPhone Calender app integration
- 2014-03-23: Twitter #Music Bites The Dust
- 2014-01-30: Twitter iOS App Photo Editing Features Revamped
- 2013-07-08: Tweet With Word ‘Bomb’ Results In Arrest
- 2013-06-16: Tweet Is Now An Official Verb And Noun In Oxford English Dictionary
- 2013-02-04: Tweetbot For iOS Update Adds Support For Flickr, Vine, Chrome And 1Password
- 2012-07-10: Twitter updates Android and iOS apps
- 2012-02-21: Twitter app for iPhone and Android updated
- 2011-11-23: First tweet from PlayStation Vita
- 2011-11-18: AP reporters ticked off for tweeting
- 2011-10-07: Tweet Speaker app reads your tweets to you