Microsoft’s Windows Phone 7.5 update brought the internet sharing feature to some of the newer Windows Phone devices. This was an exclusive feature limited to phones launched with Windows Phone 7.5 already installed, but a recent update by HTC that’s being pushed out to the HTC HD7 and HTC Mozart has brought this internet sharing feature to both the older Windows Phone models.
It seems that HTC HD7 and HTC Mozart owners from around the world, such as India, Switzerland and Poland are reporting that internet sharing works. It will be interesting to see if T-Mobile will be approving this update, since internet tethering in the US generally requires a fee, so there might be some complications on that end. The update also brought about performance enhancements, so if you’re still holding onto your HTC HD7 or HTC Mozart, plug it into your computer, fire up Zune and start the internet sharing!
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2014-04-07: Your HTC One M8 Can Be Coverted Into A Google Play Edition
- 2014-04-06: Mysterious HTC 0PAJ3 Spotted On AnTuTu Benchmarks
- 2014-04-03: HTC One M8 Developer Edition Price To Increase Tomorrow
- 2011-10-03: HTC Hub for Windows Phone Mango updated
- 2011-09-22: HTC Radar 4G headed for T-Mobile, seen in the wild
- 2011-09-06: Samsung Omnia 7 and HTC 7 Mozart Mango builds leaked
- 2011-08-12: HTC Mazaa GPU performance showcased
- 2011-05-20: Windows Phone 7 update for HTC HD7 released