Remember our story about iOS 5 having a secret panorama mode for you to shoot your photos? Well, it seems that this is not the only Easter Egg in iOS 5 that is waiting to be discovered, as someone else also stumbled upon an auto-correct keyboard bar. First dibs go to Australian Sonny Dickson who managed to get it up and running on his spanking new iPhone 4S, where you can see on the right, in addition to his iPad 2. You will first need to download iBackupBot, perform a backup of your iPhone or iPod in iTunes, open up iBackupBot and find the backup, then load it. Do take your time to look for Library/Preferences/com.apple.keyboard.plist and open the file, and assuming your software is not a registered copy, you will need to press cancel, where it will then open up. Once done, add in the following code:KeyboardAutocorrectionListsYES, save the changes made and perform a restore from backup from within iBackupbot. All of the above, if followed religiously, ought to get the job done.
Next Story: Halo Anniversary Map Pack to roll out next week
- 2012-09-20: Google says iOS Google Maps in App Store hopefully "before Christmas"
- 2012-02-15: Siri does Japanese language now?
- 2012-01-18: Whited00r installs iOS 5 on original iPhone, 3G, and iPod touch without jailbreak
- 2012-01-17: iOS 5.1 Beta 3 code makes references to iPad 3 and Facebook
- 2011-12-27: iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak released
- 2011-11-10: Panorama camera mode achieved sans jailbreak
- 2011-11-03: Microsoft picks up 100k users each day thanks to iOS 5
- 2011-11-02: iOS 5 bugs affecting battery life, fix coming (Apple)
- 2011-10-17: Google Voice removed from Apple App Store after iOS 5 crash
- 2011-10-12: iOS 5 Update Problems