Interested in embedding an iPad into a snowboard? Well the guys at Signal managed to do so with a design that they claim would have made the late Steve Jobs proud. For those unfamiliar, Signal has created some pretty interesting snowboards in the past. Every third Thursday of the month is set aside for their engineering and design skills to be put to the test. They have managed to create a snowboard with a paintball gun, one that has a boom box built into it and another that doubled as an electric guitar.
This time around they decided to do a tribute to the late Steve Jobs by embedding an iPad into a snowboard. Inspired by the design of Mac computers, the team at Signal decided to give this snowboard an aluminum unibody of its own that features a cutout logo with backlighting, along with space to slide in an iPad 2. The drawback to using aluminum as the material of choice for a snowboard is that apparently it makes its hard to make sharp turns. You can check out how they made the snowboard and watch them attempt to snowboard down a slope with an iPad that has been embedded into it!
- 2014-02-17 Table Tennis Champion To Face Off Against Robot In March
- 2014-02-13 iPad 2 Production Reportedly Nearing Its End
- 2014-02-06 Oculus Rift Used To Simulate Rugby Experience
- 2013-10-21 iPad 2 Is Still Apple's Most Widely Used Tablet
- 2013-04-23 Refurbished iPad 2 And iPad 3 Prices Slashed By Apple
- 2012-11-30 7 Chinese Jailed In "Kidney For iPad" Trial
- 2012-10-22 Apple rumored to phase out iPad 2 after iPad mini goes on sale
- 2011-08-30 Sky Go trolley lets you watch sports while shopping
- 2011-08-26 iPad 2s given out to Tampa Bay Buccaneers