It’s been awhile since its last major update, but the official Microsoft Xbox website will be given a facelift in the coming days. Microsoft announced on the Xbox forums that Xbox.com will be given a brand new interface to improve the social and video aspects of the site. Xbox.com will feature a brand new “Social” section that lets you see at a glance what your friends are up to and introduces a new “Beacons” feature that helps you find friends to play the same games with.
Other improvements to the website include the ability to search the Zune video catalog to buy/rent movies and TV shows right from your browser. The website will also be given a Metro look, which should be familiar to folks using Windows Phone. Other new features include shortcuts to checking your profile, redeeming Xbox LIVE Marketplace codes, checking your Download Queue, a Friends Activity column to see what your friends have been playing, your most recent games played and a list of online friends and what they’re doing.
There’s going to be a whole lot of changes coming to the Xbox.com website, so stay tuned for the update in the coming days. In the meantime head here to read up the full list of changes that will be made.
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Product Codenames Leaked For June-July Release
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Could Be Released Today [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Microsoft Looks Into 3D Face Scanner Using Windows Phone Handset
- 2014-04-13: IRS Reportedly Paying Microsoft Millions For Extended Windows XP Support
- 2013-10-03: Xbox Live Gold Goes Free This Weekend
- 2013-09-16: Rainbow Six: Vegas Available For Free Through Xbox Live 'Game With Gold'
- 2013-07-12: Xbox Live Rewards Will Transition From Microsoft Points On September 1
- 2013-06-28: Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale Will Offer Deep Discounts Next Week
- 2013-04-02: Microsoft Warns Of Circulating Scam Promising 'Free Xbox Points'