A few months ago Nokia announced the launch of its “loudest smartphone to date” – the Nokia 600. Well for those of you that were waiting for the entertainment-filled phone with super loud speakers, we’ve got some bad news for you: Nokia has cancelled the phone. It all started when some people noticed that web pages dedicated to the phone were silently removed from the Nokia servers, and the Nokia developer website didn’t have any mention of it. Even videos featuring the phone were removed from the Nokia YouTube channels.
If there wasn’t the official announcement previously, it would have appeared as if the phone never existed in the first place. Well, a concerned fan recently asked about the phone on Nokia’s Facebook wall and the Finnish mobile giant gave him a reply: “The thing is, after careful consideration, we have decided not to ship the Nokia 600.”
They didn’t give any reason to their decision, but it looks like we definitely won’t be seeing it anymore. Given Nokia’s commitment to Windows Phone now, we wouldn’t be surprised if other announced Symbian devices get axed along the way. Farewell Nokia 600, we hardly knew you.
Next Story: Commodore USA C64x EXTREME announced
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 Microsoft Nokia Deal Closes April 25th
- 2014-04-20 Nokia's Phone Division Will Be Named Microsoft Mobile
- 2014-04-17 #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17 Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-01-02 Nokia Kills Support For Symbian And MeeGo Apps
- 2013-10-07 Nokia To Drop Symbian And MeeGo Support At End Of 2013
- 2013-06-12 Nokia To Make Last Shipments Of Symbian Devices This Summer
- 2013-04-24 Nokia Updates Symbian Belle Feature Pack 1 And FP 2 Phones
- 2013-01-24 RIP Symbian On Nokia