It has been rumored in the past that ST-Ericsson will be powering the next generation of Windows Phone devices with its processors but nothing has been confirmed until today. The folks over at ST-Ericsson have issued a press release confirming its partnership with Nokia for the Finnish giant’s next upcoming WP devices.
This marks the end of Qualcomm’s reign over the processors being used in Windows Phone devices, and the entrance of a new player in the competitive smartphone market. It’ll be interesting to see what kind of devices Nokia will come up with in this new partnership. While the press release didn’t mention the processors that ST-Ericsson will be providing, we should be expecting its U8500 dual-core SoCs to power some next-gen Nokia WP phones.RELATED
- Moto Maker Will Be Launched In Latin America Next Year
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos iOS App Gets Native iPad And Video Upload Support
- iPhone 5s Now Shipping Within 24 Hours
- Record Android Device's Screen With Audio Through CyanogenMod Screencast App
- Verizon Galaxy Note 3 OTA Update Rolling Out
- Follow: Microsoft, Nokia, processors, st-ericsson, windows phone 7, wp7,