If you own a bunch of iOS devices and wished that your Google TV could support iOS AirPlay so that you can stream content from your devices to your TV – you’re in luck. A developer named Yossie has come up with a solution called Airtight. All you have to do is install the app onto your Google TV, hook it up to your iOS device, and you can start streaming content wirelessly over to the set top box. It’s that simple to use.
Unfortunately at the moment there is no support for mirroring, DRM-protected movies and music, but for everything else it should work. While access to those features will be enabled in the future, you can pick up Airtight for only $0.99 from the Android Market now. Give it a shot and let us know what you think.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2013-12-10: Google Drive On iOS Allows File Sorting Now
- 2013-12-08: Google TV Might Be Brought Under The 'Nexus' Umbrella
- 2013-12-03: Driver Pleads “Not Guilty” For Wearing Google Glass While Driving
- 2013-11-15: Google Play Music App For iOS Introduced
- 2013-10-08: Google's Eric Schmidt Believes Android Is "More Secure Than The iPhone"