Great news for folks who love watching DVD rips on their iOS devices; if CineXPlayer is your app of choice when it comes to watching videos. Dolby Digital has announced that CineXPlayer now officially supports the AC3 codex which lets users experience Dolby Digital 5.1 and 7.1 sound. Sure it’s overkill for those of you with standard/stock headphones, but if you’ve got your iOS device hooked up to a great sound system, that means you’ll be able to enjoy surround sound when watching your digital content.
The updated CineXPlayer app with Dolby Digital support is available from the Apple App Store now, and will set you back $2.99, but if you already own the app it’s a free update. It’s available for the iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad. Check it out and let us know what you think.RELATED
- Apple Giving Away 8 Free Songs From Its Holiday Cheer Playlist
- Pandora Sees A 9% Increase In Listeners Following iTunes Radio's Launch
- iTunes Radio Not Exactly Winning Over Pandora Subscribers
- Amazon Cloud Player Now Available For Mac
- iTunes Radio Will Start Promoting Pre-Release Albums
- Follow: app, iOS, iPad, iPhone, ipod touch,