Great news for folks who love watching DVD rips on their iOS devices; if CineXPlayer is your app of choice when it comes to watching videos. Dolby Digital has announced that CineXPlayer now officially supports the AC3 codex which lets users experience Dolby Digital 5.1 and 7.1 sound. Sure it’s overkill for those of you with standard/stock headphones, but if you’ve got your iOS device hooked up to a great sound system, that means you’ll be able to enjoy surround sound when watching your digital content.
The updated CineXPlayer app with Dolby Digital support is available from the Apple App Store now, and will set you back $2.99, but if you already own the app it’s a free update. It’s available for the iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad. Check it out and let us know what you think.
Next Story: Nexus One receives Ice Cream Sandwich with CM9
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2013-05-24: Verizon Cloud Offers 500MB Of Free Storage To iOS, Some Android Devices
- 2013-05-10: Zynga's Endless Runner 'Running With Friends' Now Available On iOS
- 2013-03-08: Google Field Trip Helps iOS Users Learn More About Their World
- 2013-02-28: YouTube For iOS Gets Send To TV Feature With Xbox 360, PS3, Smart TV Support
- 2011-12-02: Tetris for iOS re-released