Just in time for the holidays, the iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak which was demonstrated on video over the past few weeks is now available to the public. pod2g announced today on his blog that the Chronic Dev Team and the iPhone Dev Team have released the A4 untethered for 5.0.1 based on his work. Both files are exactly the same and are distributed as Cydia packages or already tethered jailbroken users, and a redsn0w bundle for new users.
Unfortunately for iPhone 4S/iPad 2 users the jailbreak is not for you, in the meantime you’ll just have to keep waiting. For those of you with the older iOS devices, you can download the iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak from the Chronic Dev Team or the iPhone Dev Team. As usual, back up your device before attempting anything. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes for you.
Next Story: iPhone 5 to feature aluminum back?
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2013-03-29: iOS 7 Jailbreak May Already Be In The Works
- 2013-03-04: iOS 6 Jailbreak Evasi0n Installed On Over 14 Million Devices
- 2013-02-08: iOS 6 Jailbreak Evasi0n Unlocks Nearly 7 Million Devices Within Four Days
- 2011-10-12: Twitter fully integrated into iOS 5
- 2011-07-23: Apple seeds iOS 5 beta 4 as an OTA update