Just in time for the holidays, the iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak which was demonstrated on video over the past few weeks is now available to the public. pod2g announced today on his blog that the Chronic Dev Team and the iPhone Dev Team have released the A4 untethered for 5.0.1 based on his work. Both files are exactly the same and are distributed as Cydia packages or already tethered jailbroken users, and a redsn0w bundle for new users.
Unfortunately for iPhone 4S/iPad 2 users the jailbreak is not for you, in the meantime you’ll just have to keep waiting. For those of you with the older iOS devices, you can download the iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak from the Chronic Dev Team or the iPhone Dev Team. As usual, back up your device before attempting anything. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes for you.
Next Story: iPhone 5 to feature aluminum back?
- Analyst Thinks iPhone 5c Is A Flop Because Of iPhone Cases
- 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- Corning Executive Names Sapphire As Expensive, Heavy And Environmentally Unfriendly
- Nanyang Girls’ High School In Singapore Uses iPad As Learning Aid
- Ember iPhone Case Will Help Improve Your Phone's Flash