A few months ago we covered the iVigilo Dashboard/Alert Center for the iPhone and OS X which turns your Mac computer into a security camera. Naboo, the company behind it has announced the launch of a new app: iVigilo Smartcam Pro, which turns your iOS device into your security camera instead. iVigilo Smartcam Pro makes use of the camera on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to broadcast a live video stream onto the internet.
The video stream can be activated via motion and face detection, and users can be alerted to the beginning of a broadcast via an email or Twitter. Motion events can even be stored as high resolution images on the device, and both front and back cameras can also be used (with or without flash).
Live video streams can be viewed using any web browser on any computer or tablet/smartphone with access to the internet, and all of the app’s functions are controllable via the administrator section of the device website. A pretty handy tool if you need a security camera in a pinch – just make sure you keep it hidden so nobody steals your iOS device as well.
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-22 Jailbroken iOS Devices Vulnerable To Apple ID And Password Stealing Malware
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20 Beats Music Embraces In-App Subscriptions To Drive Subscriber Base
- 2012-11-14 Dijit NextGuide Update
- 2011-12-27 Facebook iPad app to support Timeline next year
- 2011-12-23 iMAME pulled from the Apple App Store
- 2011-12-12 Apple Mac App Store hits 100 million downloads
- 2011-12-02 Tetris for iOS re-released