With ASUS, Acer and Lenovo attempting ultrabooks of their own, we can’t say that we’re too surprised to find out that LG has decided to hop on board the ultrabook bandwagon as well with their Z330 ultrabook, a new addition to their Xnote line.
On first glance you could be forgiven for mistaking it as Apple’s MacBook Air, which based on the success of the MacBook Air is a good thing! Much like the other ultrabooks in the market, LG’s Z330 will feature a 13” display with LG claiming the ultrabook weighs under 2.7 pounds and is only 0.6” thin.
Based on the user’s needs, they will be able to choose between a 1.6GHz Intel Core i5 or 1.8GHz Intel Core i7 processor. It will also come in either 120GB or 256GB SSD sizes, integrated Intel HD graphics, USB 3.0 ports, a microSD card reader, Bluetooth 3.0+HS and WiFi connectivity.
LG is also boasting that the Z330 can wake from sleep in just about 7 seconds. Interested in getting your hands on LG’s ultrabook offering? The ultrabook is expected to be priced between $1,509-$1,863 and will be arriving in South Korea in the middle of this month. No word if LG has plans to bring the Z330 stateside, but given how Intel is pushing the ultrabook standard pretty hard, we don’t see why LG wouldn’t want to gain a larger audience with their ultrabook offering.
Next Story: Century unveils LCD-8000DA auxiliary display
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Revolve G2
- 2013-12-10: HP EliteBook Folio 1040 G1
- 2012-05-08: HP ENVY Ultrabook and Sleekbook
- 2012-03-07: Gigabyte U2442V and U2442N Ultrabooks - Hands-on
- 2011-11-15: HP Folio, First Business Ultrabook