The Xbox 360 dashboard update introduced a host of great new features to the gaming console, however it looks like it’s brought some unwelcome bugs as well. It has been reported that gamers are experiencing problems staying connected to Xbox Live, and displaying error codes pertaining to Live Profiles of Xbox users – errors that didn’t seem to exist before the update. The folks over at Joystiq reached out to Microsoft about the issue and were given the following response:
“We have recently identified an Xbox Live profile data error that results in Error Code ’801540B7′ for a small number of Xbox Live members. The error instructs users to attempt to re-download their Xbox Live profile and directs them to customer service support for further assistance. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to our loyal Xbox Live members and are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.”
While this doesn’t seem to be a widespread issue, it is pretty serious, so you can expect Microsoft to work hard and fast on a solution. Any of you experienced this problem since the Dashboard update?
Next Story: OnLive Mobile now supports Xperia PLAY
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now?
- 2014-04-17: 5 Million Xbox One Consoles Shipped To Date
- 2014-04-17: Cortana Is Off-Limits To Users Aged Below 13 Years Old
- 2014-04-17: Xbox Music Update For Windows Phone 8.1 Coming Next Week
- 2014-04-16: Bing.com Gets Personalized Cards
- 2013-10-03: Xbox Live Gold Goes Free This Weekend
- 2013-09-16: Rainbow Six: Vegas Available For Free Through Xbox Live 'Game With Gold'
- 2013-07-12: Xbox Live Rewards Will Transition From Microsoft Points On September 1
- 2013-06-28: Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale Will Offer Deep Discounts Next Week
- 2011-10-13: Xbox LIVE Public Preview Program announced