Some time earlier this year there were concept drawings of a Samsung phone with a flexible OLED display. This was a rather intriguing concept that we didn’t think would be happening anytime soon, but we were then proved wrong as Samsung stepped forward and said that flexible display smartphones were in the works and would be introduced some time in 2012.
Now Samsung’s Mobile Display Division has released a new concept video of what a transparent and flexible tablet of the future could look like and what it could accomplish. We’re guessing that Samsung’s flexible smartphone for 2012 won’t be anything like the concept video, but we definitely like where Samsung’s ideas are headed.
It showcases a tablet that can be shrunk and expanded according to our needs, augmented reality translation, and what appears to be 3D imagery as well that seems to literally leap off your screen. Check out the video below to see what Samsung’s Mobile Display Division has managed to cook up!RELATED
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Noise-Canceling Windows Could One Day Become A Reality
- Spoiler Shield Censors Your Facebook, Twitter Feeds So You Don't Read Spoilers
- Follow: 3d, augmented reality, concept, flexible display, Samsung,
- Seen at: netbooknews