[CES 2012] Today, Bang & Olufsen announced the perfect companion to your theater room’s flatscreen TV: the BeoLab 12, its first all-digital, flat-on-the-wall loudspeaker. Unlike your regular speakers that require valuable real estate on your floor or furniture, these high-quality digital speakers are mounted on your walls, next to your TV screens.
The BeoLab 12 speakers feature a three-dimensional wave design that is inconspicuous and sleek without sacrificing any “performance or acoustic perfection.” The speakers disperse high frequencies horizontally in a 180 degree angle in front of the speaker, which lets listeners sit anywhere in the room and still experience a “fantastic sound experience.”
The BeoLab 12 speakers are full range speakers which consist of a ¾” acoustic lens for the treble, 2″ midrange unit and two 6.5″ flat CosCone woofers for the lower frequencies pointing towards the wall. The wall speakers also features Bang & Olufsen’s ICEpower class D amplifier technology and an output of 480 watts.
The BeoLab 12 is scheduled to arrive in spring 2012 and will carry a price tag of $4613 for the pair.
Next Story: Belkin Thunderbolt Express Dock
- 2014-04-02 Nokia MD-12 Bluetooth Mini Speaker Revealed
- 2014-04-01 Logitech X100 Mobile Speaker Revealed
- 2014-02-26 Panasonic Bamboo Plant Opal Loudspeaker
- 2014-02-20 Sceptre SoundPal Bluetooth Speaker
- 2013-10-24 JBL Pulse LED Speaker Targets Music Lovers
- 2013-01-08 Bang & Olufsen built-in sound system - BeoLab 15, BeoLab 16
- 2013-01-08 Bang & Olufsen BeoLab 12 Digital Speakers Collection
- 2013-01-06 Belkin Thunderstorm iPad Speaker Case
- 2012-01-23 Top 10 CES Gadgets
- 2012-01-11 Bang & Olufsen BeoSound 5 digital music system demo