It’s been almost a year since the last iPad 2 jailbreak and while iOS 5 has been out for some time, we still haven’t seen a working iOS 5 jailbreak released for the tablet. Now, it looks like the wait is coming to an end. pod2g has posted on his blog a photograph of what appears to be an iPad 2 on iOS 5.0.1 running the Cydia app store – which means he’s successfully jailbroken the iOS device on the latest version of the operating system. This won’t mean a thing to most iPad 2 users, but for those of you who’ve been waiting, the time is near.
No word on when the jailbreak will be released to the public but it shouldn’t be too long now. Stay tuned to pod2g’s blog or his Twitter account for the latest updates. How many of you are excited right now?
Update (2.54PM): I can’t believe I missed out the iOS 4.3.3 jailbreak – I’ve updated the article to include it. Thanks itaintrite!
Next Story: Vogel Flex Mount universal mounting system
- 2014-04-13: Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09: Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2014-04-09: Apple's Roadmap For 2014, According To An Analyst
- 2014-04-09: Samsung's New Tablet Commercials Targets The iPad
- 2014-04-08: Office For iPad Team Confirms Print Feature Is Coming "In Due Course"
- 2014-03-26: Video Shows Jailbroken iPad Triple Booting iOS 5, iOS 6, and iOS 7
- 2014-02-13: iPad 2 Production Reportedly Nearing Its End
- 2013-04-18: Chinese App Store Clone 'KuaiYong' Installs Pirated iOS Apps Without Jailbreaking
- 2013-03-29: iOS 7 Jailbreak May Already Be In The Works
- 2013-03-05: Best Buy Accidentally Promotes Jailbreaking In Deal Of The Day Promo