Do you look at your Apple TV in a forlorn manner, wistfully wishing that it was able to run iOS apps? Well, that is now possible thanks to a new hack which crept up as we entered 2012, where MobileX will be able to deliver full-screen app goodness, letting you enjoy Facebook as well as YouTube right on your Apple TV. With Apple’s AirPlay technology, you will be able to turn on wireless streaming of video, photos, and music from your iOS device directly to the Apple TV, and with the MobileX hack, you can also access the entire App Store over Apple TV.
Steve Troughton-Smith and Nick are the brains behind the MobileX hack, where it will use the latest version of Seas0nPass, which is actually an earlier Apple TV hack that was rolled out by fireCore in 2011. Troughton-Smith mentions, “MobileX is a window manager for iOS that replaces Springboard for the added bonus of letting iPhone and iPad apps run on Apple TV. If Apple isn’t going to give us a way to make real AppleTV apps, then I guess we’ll have to make one ourselves.” You know what they say, if you want something done right, do it yourself.
Next Story: Big Apple to host Apple event
- 2014-04-14 Tesla Model S Owners Hack Own Cars, Discover Ubuntu
- 2014-04-01 LinkedIn Email Addresses Exposed Via Browser Plug-In Software
- 2014-03-30 Tesla Vehicles Can Be Hacked To Unlock The Car Remotely
- 2014-03-20 Facebook’s Hack Programming Language Aims To Deliver Faster Coding Process
- 2014-03-12 NSA Dressed Up As Facebook To Infect PCs With Malware
- 2013-08-11 Apple Developer Site Restored
- 2013-02-13 Apple Television SDK in May 2013? [Analyst]
- 2013-02-08 Apple Mysteriously Hires AMOLED Expert From LG
- 2013-01-15 iPhone Hack Lets You Start Your Car By Sending An SMS
- 2012-12-19 Apple Tests HDTV Prototypes