When it comes to the world of portable gaming consoles, only two names stand out in the industry at the moment – Sony with their upcoming PS Vita, and Nintendo with the 3DS. Two’s company and three’s a crowd, which is why Pandora wants to crash on the party by rolling out their portable gaming console (some might even categorize it as an Ultra Mobile PC, a hardware niche that failed in the past despite looking rather promising). In fact, it is said that Pandora has every intention to ship at least 4,000 of these puppies from February 2012 onwards.
It would be interesting to see how Pandora fares in the modern age where smartphones and tablets rule the roost when it comes to portable gaming devices, and with dedicated gaming machines like the PS Vita and Nintendo 3DS do have their own loyal following as well, you know for sure that competition is going to be stiff – nay, cut-throat. Pandora’s offering comes with a 4.3″ resistive touchscreen display at 800 x 480 resolution, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, USB 2.0 support, and a couple of SDHC memory card slots. Want to place a pre-order for Pandora’s portable console?
- 2014-03-24: Nokia MixRadio First Global Music Streaming Service To Launch In China
- 2014-03-19: Pandora To Increase Monthly Subscription Fees Starting In May
- 2014-03-03: Pandora Confirms No CarPlay Support For Now
- 2014-01-15: Pandora iOS And Android Apps Now Offer Personalized Recommendations
- 2014-01-06: Pandora In-Car Radio Ads Launch This Month