Sweet, juicy rumors have it that Samsung’s upcoming superphone known as the Samsung Galaxy S3 will be made available to the masses sometime in April this year – and with the source being none other than the well respected Eldar Murtazin who has had his fair share of hits where upcoming phone predictions are concerned. According to Murtazin, this will happen, but only after Samsung takes to the stage at Mobile World Congress which is happening next month, making an announcement there at the same time.
Eldar tweeted, “HD resolution, 12 mpx camera, sw tweaks, android 4 – i like my new phone. Eager to see official announcement in Barcelona.” A 12-megapixel camera will definitely make some sit up and take notice (although megapixel count is not everything), and to have it run on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich makes perfect sense to keep up with the times. No idea on what kind of processor the Galaxy S3 will carry, although the blogger did drop hints that it will feature a quad-core chip that runs anywhere from 1.5GHz onwards, with the possibility of starting at 1.6GHz.
In other news, Eldar Murtazin also claims that the Nokia Lumia 900 will be receiving an European remake, where it will be called the Lumia 910 moniker, carry a 12-megapixel camera and hitting the market in May.
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21: Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March