[CES 2012] SteelSeries continues to rampage through CES with their Ion Wireless Controller, having partnered with Zeemote Technology to deliver a controller that works with your PC without missing a beat, in addition to offering classic control schemes to touch screen devices such as tablets and smartphones. Being compact enough to fit just about any hand, it will “talk” sans wires thanks to Bluetooth connectivity, and is highly customizable and configurable via its own application on the device.
Bruce Hawver, SteelSeries CEO, says, “For PC users, the SteelSeries Ion is a convenient alternative, especially if they want something other than their mouse or keyboard as their tool. And for consumers with tablets and Smartphone’s, it really is an ideal accessory. Whether you’re sling shooting birds or playing a word game with friends, there are games that are ideal for touch screen. Those types of games however, are not the only games available; there are a number of first-person shooter and RTS games that aren’t downloaded or played as frequently as they could be, because the touch screen doesn’t provide an optimal experience. The SteelSeries Ion provides the advantage for those types of games.”
The SteelSeries Ion Wireless Controller measures around 108mm x 55.5mm x 18mm, and has a white LED light on the controller to let you know whether a connection is in session or not. The built-in rechargeable, lithium battery delivers up to 20 hours of wireless capability, and when it is plugged in for charging purposes, it can see action at the same time. Hardware configuration includes 2 mini-joysticks, a left side Dpad button, 2 trigger buttons one at each shoulder, and a four button layout on the right. No idea on pricing, but expect to see a Q3 release this year.
Next Story: Asus Xtion hands-on
- 2014-01-06 SteelSeries Unveils MFi Stratus Controller
- 2013-01-08 Vizio 2013 Sound Bar
- 2012-12-21 SteelSeries Free Touchscreen Gaming Controls Available For Your Gaming Pleasure
- 2012-06-19 SteelSeries Siberia v2 headphones now comes in pink to support the Breast Cancer Research Foundation
- 2012-06-08 SteelSeries unveils World of Warcraft wireless gaming mouse
- 2012-06-05 SteelSeries unveils MLG Edition of its Sensei gaming mouse
- 2012-01-12 SteelSeries Siberia v2 Frost Blue Headset
- 2012-01-12 SteelSeries Flux headset
- 2012-01-12 SteelSeries Kinzu v2 and Kinzu v2 Pro Edition mice
- 2012-01-12 SteelSeries Kana gaming mouse