There have been case mods done in the past, although if you’re a Zelda fan you might get a kick out of this. This Legend of Zelda case mode for the NES was done by Ryan Fitzpatrick with the help of console painter Jayrod2. Based on the photo above of the finished product, we have to admit that it was a pretty good job and it looks sleek and elegant without unnecessary motifs while still maintaining the Zelda theme.
The paint used is apparently automotive grade and has been clear-coated with gold, silver and red accents. According to Ryan, the paint was allowed to cure for an entire month between steps to help ensure a perfect finish. A month does seem like a long time but it looks like their patience has paid off. To top it all off, a cut-out pixelated Link on the top of the console was done completely by hand and even lights up when powered on!
We’re not sure if this NES case mod is actually up for grabs, but if not we guess we’ll have to settle for this Zelda tribute video below that showcases the case mod in all of its glory.
Update – According to Ryan Fitzpatrick (a.k.a platinumfungi), it seems that the console is up for sale, although pricing has yet to be determined. However if the urge and desire to own such a unique looking console is too strong to resist, you could get in touch with the creators and offer them a price for it.
Next Story: DIY Assassin's Creed arm-blade looks dangerous
- 2014-02-25 Legend Of Zelda Remade For Oculus Rift
- 2014-01-23 Nintendo World Championships Rare Cartridge Up For Sale
- 2013-11-20 The Entertainment Flask Hides Your Drink Within An NES Cartridge
- 2013-11-11 Nintendo To Release 2-Disc Album With Music From NES Classics
- 2013-08-28 Mike Tyson Finally Plays Punch-Out!! [Video]
- 2013-07-29 NES Controller And Laptop Control A Car
- 2012-07-31 Legend of Zelda prototype cartridge going for $150,000 on eBay