It’s one thing to make fun of a man when he’s alive, and another thing to do so when he’s passed away but for Taiwanese Android tablet makers, it looks like there’s no line of distinction. In the advert for its latest product – the Action Pad, they shot a commercial using a Steve Jobs look-alike, dressed as an angel and promoting the Android tablet. While the advert did not refer to Apple or even use Steve Jobs’ name in the commercial, the implications were clear and it didn’t take a genius to figure that out.
“Thank God I finally get to play other tablets,” the character is quoted as saying – poking fun at the most popular tablet on the market right now. Personally, I don’t find it too offensive but it might be a bit too soon to make fun of a man who only passed away a few months ago; and judging by the reactions on YouTube – a lot of people seem to agree. Check out the video for yourself and let us know what you think – did Action Pad cross the line with this advertisement?
- Nanyang Girls’ High School In Singapore Uses iPad As Learning Aid
- iOS 7.1 Release Apparently Just Around The Corner
- Researchers Find iOS Security Flaw To Monitor Screen Taps And Keystrokes
- Apple Releases iOS 7.0.6/6.1.6 To Fix SSL Encryption Bug
- iPad Pro Rumored For 2015 Release, iPad Mini Might Be Discontinued