At Toy Fair 2012, Hasbro showed off the latest variations of its classic family board games – Game of Life and Monopoly. The games company teamed up with Volumique, a French-based innovator, to create Game of Life zAPPed and Monopoly zAPPed. The board games play out like the original versions but with an added twist. In the center of the board, an iPad running the respective zAPPed app will be placed to spice up the game.
For example in Game of Life, the app comes to life whenever it’s time for a player to take his/her turn. The iPad is used as a virtual spinner and based on which part of life you are in on the board, it will show clips from “America’s Funniest Home Videos” for added entertainment. Users can also virtually customize their pegs with different hairstyles and accessories for more personalization.
In Monopoly zAPPed, the app will turn your iOS device into a banking unit, which should make counting a lot less of a hassle. Users can add and subtract money by simply tapping a special card on the iOS device, and the Chance and Community Chest cards won’t have a chance to go missing anymore – they’re all present in the app virtually.
Game of Life zAPPed is available now for $24.99 with the app downloadable for free on the Apple App Store, while Monopoly zAPPed will be available in June. Check out a video demonstration of Game of Life below:
Next Story: HTC Endeavour to be shown off at MWC 2012?
- 2014-04-22 iTunes App Store Now Labels Apps With In-App Purchases
- 2014-04-13 Pokemon And Zelda Monopoly Box Art Spotted Online
- 2013-07-26 Hasbro Launches New Monopoly That Can Be Played In Under 30 Minutes
- 2012-09-10 Alan Turing gets own Monopoly edition
- 2012-09-07 Monopoly: Street Fighter Collector's Edition now available on Amazon
- 2012-04-11 Fans choose new World of Warcraft Monopoly Pieces
- 2011-03-31 Hasbro MY3D available April 3
- 2011-02-16 Monopoly Millionaires hits Facebook
- 2011-02-09 Monopoly releases new boardgame with a built-in computer