If you were planning on getting yourself a Mercedes-Benz A-Class in the future, don’t be surprised if your iPhone’s Siri voice assistant feature will be integrated into the car’s infotainment system. The automaker has announced that their Drive Plus Kit will see the integration of the iPhone with the vehicle’s electronics platform and Mercedes-Benz’ Digital DriveStyle App.
The app will be used to display iPhone apps on the infotainment’s display, and will allow users to access the app using either the vehicle’s controls, or voice commands which we assume will be courtesy of Siri. While we guess Siri can technically be used while driving in hands free mode, the integration with the Drive Plus Kit will make it slightly easier to change the radio stations, get directions, update Facebook or Twitter and etc.
However all of this comes at the cost of purchasing a Mercedes-Benz A-Class vehicle of your own, so unless you have the money and you are willing to spend it, we’re thinking that there might be cheaper alternatives to what Mercedes-Benz is offering.
- MapQuest Launches Redesigned iPhone, Android App
- Japanese Electric Scooter Uses Your iPhone As A Dashboard
- Apple Patent Wants To Use Your iPhone To Help Find, Start Your Vehicle
- Australian airline company Qantas adds Passbook support for iPhone check-ins
- Siri's Eyes Free feature will be arriving in the Chevy Spark and Sonic