Earlier this week we reported about rumors of the Windows logo being given a makeover, however, we can now confirm that it is true. According to a post on the official Windows Team Blog, they’ve redesigned the Windows Logo and it looks similar to what was previously reported. The Windows font looks slightly thinner, the kerning has improved, and the TM at the bottom corner of the Windows icon has been reduced in size.
It’s not a bad logo, but it’s not very memorable either – at least to me. But it’s probably going to stick after awhile. What do you think of the new Metro-inspired logo for Windows? Yay or nay? Leave us your comments below. Hit the source link for a more detailed history of the Windows logos.
Next Story: School to use Windows 7 tablets instead of iPad
- 2014-04-17 Maxpad Windows 8.1 PC-TV Launched
- 2014-04-15 Halo: Spartan Assault Kicks Off Universal Windows Games
- 2014-04-11 Microsoft Research Shows Off Interactive Live Tiles
- 2014-04-08 Microsoft Seeks To Flood China With Cheap Windows Tablets [Rumor]
- 2014-04-08 Windows 8.1 Update 1 Available For Download
- 2014-04-02 Windows Start Menu Really Coming Back
- 2013-12-10 Windows 8 Threshold Could Bring Back Full Start Menu Experience [Rumor]
- 2013-11-15 Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 Will Be Getting Facebook One-Click Login
- 2013-10-17 Facebook Launches Official App For Windows 8.1
- 2013-10-17 Windows 8.1 Is Now Available