Today at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco, Apple pulled the wraps off its latest tablet – the new iPad (previously rumored to be called the iPad 3). If you’ve been following all the rumors, reports and speculations about the tablet over the past few months, these specs won’t come as a surprise to you but just in case you haven’t been in the loop, hit the break to check out the official specs of the new iPad.
The new iPad will feature a 9.7″ (2048 x 1536) Retina Display, A5X dual-core processor with quad-core graphics, an “iSight camera” – a 5-megapixel backside illuminated sensor rear camera with 5-element lens, IR filter and ISP built into the A5X chip, face detection, and 1080p video recording; a VGA FaceTime camera, voice dictation; 4G LTE on Verizon and AT&T, 3G for the rest of the world, and hotspot capabilities. It still has 10 hours of battery life – but 9 hours of battery life on 4G. It will be 9.4mm thin, and will weigh 1.4lbs.
The new iPad will retain at the same price point as the previous iPad tablets – WiFi-only: $499 for 16GB , $599 for 32GB, and $699 for 64GB, and WiFi + 4G: $629 for 16GB, $729 for 32GB, and $829 for 64GB. As usual, the tablet will be available in black or white.
The new iPad will go up for pre-order today, and like previous rumors have suggested – it will start shipping out on March 16th in the US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Switzerland, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Australia. It will roll out to 30 more countries on March 23rd.
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-13 Teen Records Himself Getting Bullied On iPad, Gets Charged With Wiretapping Instead
- 2014-04-09 Touch ID Rumored To Arrive For The iPad This Year
- 2012-03-07 Apple Event available on video
- 2012-03-06 Apple iPad 3 to be released on March 16th?
- 2012-03-02 Apple prepares Yerba Buena for the iPad 3 launch
- 2012-02-28 iPad 3 to be announced March 7th
- 2012-02-21 iPad 3 to be launched in Germany March 23rd?