It has long been rumored that the successor to Samsung’s Galaxy S2 would be the Galaxy S3. It is after all the logical progression, but given that Samsung has not officially outed anything yet, plus with their website teasing about “The Next Galaxy”, it was hard to actually confirm the name of the company’s next flagship phone. However it looks like Samsung might have accidentally let the name slip on its Google Play app description page.
Earlier today, the Korean company launched the official Unpacked app on the Google Play store and it seems that thanks to the sharp eyes of many, the “galaxy s3” name was actually revealed in the apps description. However it has been pointed out that these words in the description are actually tags, meaning that they could be individual words as opposed to “galaxy s3” and more like “galaxy” “s3″. In any case it’s hard to imagine what else the “s3” could be pointing at but we suppose we should keep the speculation down to a minimum for now. Be sure to check back with us on the 3rd of May for the official details!
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Collection To Launch In May
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy Beam 2 Officially Launched In China
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Patent Could Hint At Galaxy Note 4's Design [Rumor]
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Outsold The iPhone 5s In Its Opening Weekend
- 2014-04-24 Samsung To Launch Gear App Challenge On May 8th
- 2014-04-13 Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17 Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13 Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20 Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21 Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March