If you’re the type of person that frequently gets caught on camera trying to beat the red light, this is a DIY project that you might be interested in undertaking. While it does not actually help you beat the red light cameras, it will instead attempt to notify the driver that you are approaching a red light with a camera and that you should probably start slowing down if the lights have already turned orange. This is exactly what blogger Dave came up with and what he put together was a GPS receiver, an OLED display, an Atmega with an Arduino bootloader along with a database of red light cameras to come up with his Red Light Camera Alerter.
While it’s not the perfect system, it does have the potential to help reduce the amount of tickets you receive while attempting to beat the red light. Dave has also been kind enough to provide the instructions and the source code if you wanted to put something similar together, so head on over to Plastibots for the details. As a safety precaution, slowing down or stopping when the lights turn orange will probably go a long way in preventing unnecessary accidents and traffic tickets.
Next Story: DotA recreated in Minecraft, looks fun
- Pioneer DJE-2000 And DJE-1500 Headphones Announced
- The Willow Bar In San Francisco Bar Bans Google Glass
- Fitbit Working With Government Agency To Resolve Fitbit Force Skin Irritations
- First Sign Hair Clip Could Help Deter Violent Crime Against Women
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, Gear Fit Pricing Revealed [Rumor]