Apple has been touted to release “mind blowing” products this year, and I am quite sure that the new iPad with its Retina Display is one of them, not to mention whispers of an iTV with a Q4 release date attached to it circulating around as well. The latest rumor concerning Apple’s foray into the living room would be the iPanel. Yes sir, it seems that iTV just will not jive any more, but rather, iPanel is the name of the game. After all, there are a couple of companies out there who cannot wait to bring Apple to court as they are called “iTV”. Analyst Peter Misek has placed his money on iPanel, and was even so bold as to claim that Apple will be manufacturing up to 5 million of those from next month onwards.
According to Misek, “It is a display, gaming center, media hub, computer, home automator, etc. Also, Apple would likely have difficulty getting naming rights from the UK TV network ITV.” Hopefully what Misek says is true, and you can be sure that queues will form a long time before the actual release date. One other thing though that I hope Misek is wrong on, which would be the $1,250 sticker price for the iPanel. Best to take what you read with a pinch of salt this time around.
Next Story: New Apple Store is in the works
- 2014-01-16: Apple FaceTime Invention Boasts Of Face Morphing And Image Matching To Ensure That Video Remains Smooth
- 2014-01-09: iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-12-17: Apple Patents 'Desk-Free' Computer
- 2013-12-11: Apple Awarded Patent For Curved Screens
- 2013-12-08: Apple Spent $60 Million Fighting Samsung In Court
- 2013-02-13: Apple Television SDK in May 2013? [Analyst]
- 2012-09-06: No iTV or new Apple TV in 2012?
- 2012-05-13: Rumor: Apple to acquire Loewe AG
- 2012-02-02: Apple iTV not likely to make 2Q12 release
- 2011-12-06: Apple's television to feature A6 chip and come in a variety of sizes?