Nokia seems to have hit it big with their Nokia Lumia range of smartphones that are powered by the Windows Phone operating system, and just like any other device out there in the market, there is no such thing as a perfect device. After all, you will obviously need some “flaws” here and there, or shortcomings even, so that the next version of the device which you release will be worth looking forward to, right? The Lumia 710, while more than just a decent smartphone on the Windows Phone platform, did not come with Wireless Hotspot functionality, which is rather strange considering all the other smartphones running on Windows Phone Mango did feature the Wireless Hotspot functionality, save for the Lumia range, although the upcoming Nokia Lumia 610 is said to carry that capability right out of the box.
There are now user reports out there which point towards the possibility of the Lumia 710 and Lumia 800 will also support that feature the moment the upcoming Windows Phone 7.5 Tango update hits the deck. To date, only pre-release firmwares have been released, and if you take a closer look at the image on the right, the words “Gedeeld Internet” point to “Internet sharing” in the Dutch language.
- 2014-04-11: Nokia To Provide Chennai Factory Workers With Redundancy Packages
- 2014-04-10: Only PureView And High-End Nokia Handsets To Get Dedicated Camera Button [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-09: Nokia X Custom Android ROM Revealed
- 2014-04-09: Nokia 225 Is Slimmest Affordable Internet Handset
- 2014-03-24: Next Nokia Firmware Could Be The “Blue” Update
- 2014-03-17: Nokia Lumia 530 aka Nokia Rock Coming (Rumor)
- 2014-03-10: Nokia Lumia 635 Hits The FCC
- 2014-03-03: Oppo Find 7 50 Megapixel Camera Rumored
- 2014-02-28: Nokia Lumia 630 Specifications Leaked (Rumor)