Apple is currently embroiled in many lawsuits over alleged price fixing, patent infringements, trademark infringement, in-app purchasing, etc, but it looks like one of these lawsuits could finally be coming to a close. According to Proview, the company has indicated that it seems likely that the lawsuit between Apple and Proview over the iPad trademark could be coming to an end and that the matter will most likely be settled out of court.
It was revealed last week that Apple and Proview were ordered by the Chinese courts to attempt to settle the dispute by themselves if possible. For those unfamiliar with the situation, Apple and Proview are currently in a legal battle over the rights to the iPad trademark. Proview claims that they never sold the rights to Apple, while Apple insists that Proview agreed to the sales via a subsidiary company. The fight got ugly when both companies started accusing the other of deception but now it looks like things are settling down and hopefully this dispute will be resolved soon.
- 2014-04-24 Two Thirds Of iPad Users Are New To The Device
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-23 iPad Dominates U.S. Tablet Market But Others Are Catching Up
- 2014-04-21 Former Apple Exec Thinks The iPad Needs To Be More MacBook-like
- 2014-04-18 Next-Gen iPad Air Spotted In Leaked Photos (Rumor)
- 2012-07-23 Proview sued by their law firm for allegedly not paying their fees
- 2012-05-22 Hong Kong courts side with Apple over iPad trademark dispute with Proview
- 2012-05-10 Apple reportedly offered Proview $16 million in settlement over iPad trademark dispute
- 2012-05-07 Apple offers to settle with Proview over iPad trademark dispute
- 2012-04-24 iPad Trademark is Duly Owned by Proview, Gov't Official Declares