Just like the how the black cab in London is an icon of the cosmopolitan city, so too, is the yellow taxi to New York. We have seen countless movies featuring this particular ride over the years, and it looks like the scene is about to change after Nissan delivers a remake of the yellow taxi image by introducing the Nissan NV200. While the look might not be much, let us take the good out of this change in terms of practicality – it will feature additional leg room (which is always a good thing), a large skylight room for you to ogle at the numerous skyscrapers, and odor-reducing fabric. A prototype of the Nissan NV200 will be unveiled later today, and it was selected from a trio of finalists in a city competition.
The boxy shape comes with a brighter yellow compared to the city’s current taxis, where the cab itself features a flat floor without that irritating hump, making it a snap to fit three behind without the middle passenger feeling squeezed out. The Nissan NV200 will retail for around $29,000 each, so overhauling the entire lot for large companies is going to be quite the significant investment – but a necessary one.
- 2014-03-03: Nissan's Smart Rearview Mirror Relies On Cameras
- 2014-03-03: Nissan LEAF Battery Survives Abuse In Video
- 2014-01-27: Nissan ZEOD RC Fuel Engine Might Be Small, But It Has a Fierce Bite
- 2014-01-15: Use The Force To Discover The Nissan Juke
- 2013-12-16: Nissan Powers Building In Japan With Electric Cars