Video game and entertainment software retailer GameStop has announced that it will start selling Steam Wallet cards for Valve’s Steam platform starting May 15. In partnership with Valve, GameStop will bring Steam Wallet to all GameStop locations in the U.S. Steam Wallet codes will be available in $20 and $50 denominations giving PC and Mac gamers immediate access to Steam’s more than 1,800 titles. The cards will provide Steam users with an alternative payment method to credit cards, PayPal, JCB, and Click and Buy. Steve Nix, General Manager of Digital Distribution for GameStop says that the company is thrilled to partner with Valve.
“This gives even more options to customers now that they can put money in their Steam Wallet using cash, gift cards or trade credits through our convenient neighborhood locations,” he said. On the other hand, Jason Holtman, Valve’s Director of Business Development, mentioned that offering Steam Wallet codes at GameStop stores will extend more options and convenience for gamers around to the world. He also praised GameStop as the most recognized game retailer in the world and a leader in providing a state-of-the-art shopping experience for its customers.
- 2014-04-03: Half-Life 2 Reimagined With Unreal Engine Looks Gorgeous
- 2014-03-25: Valve's "Free To Play" Documentary Garners 5.5 Million Views
- 2014-03-23: 4Chan User Allegedly Turns GameStop Into Their Own Private Bank
- 2014-03-19: Valve's DotA 2 "Free To Play" Documentary Is Now Available For Viewing
- 2014-03-18: Walmart Video Game Trade-In Puts GameStop At Risk
- 2013-08-27: Xbox One Will Be Given To GameStop Managers For Free At Launch
- 2013-08-27: GameStop Managers To Receive A Free PS4, Seven Games On Nov. 15
- 2013-08-26: 250GB Blue Sony PS3 Is A GameStop Exclusive This October 8th