You know the saying – if momma ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy. Mother’s Day is just around the corner – this weekend, in fact, so you might want to drop by mom’s place and give her a big hug and a peck on the cheek, having booked a delicious dinner menu at the local restaurant as well. For those who cannot be physically there with their moms this May 13th, you can always rely on the age old tradition of a greeting card. However, in order to keep up with the times, why not use a far more advanced method known as Skype?
The “Say it with Skype” page on Facebook or Skype.com has been updated to flow alongside the general theme of the situation, giving you an opportunity to inform your mom just how much she has proven to be a bedrock in your tumultuous life. In fact, for each video card sent, Skype will donate a dollar to Save the Children on behalf of its Mom’s the Word campaign. The early bird gets the worm, so you might want to get those creative juices flowing and create your card early, schedule it for a May 13th delivery, and since expect a thank you call to hit your handset this coming Sunday. After all, a video card of your own creation will definitely be treasured, even though there is nothing physical for mom to hold on to.
Next Story: Tamron offers Flickr integration
- 2014-04-14: Voxeet 2.0 with Dial-in Support and Voxeet for Mac - Review
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-08: Skype For Modern Windows 2.7 Introduces New Features
- 2014-04-02: Skype For Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1 Announced
- 2014-04-01: Skype Could Feature New Chat UI For Windows Desktop
- 2014-03-10: Skype For Windows 8.1 Now Supports Chat Sync
- 2014-01-01: Skype Twitter Account Hacked, Group Posts Anti-Microsoft Sentiments
- 2013-11-25: Excessive Swearing In Xbox Live Upload Studio Videos Could Get You Banned
- 2013-11-04: Skype To End Desktop APIs In December
- 2013-09-10: Skype Pre-Release Spotted On Windows 8.1