When Samsung officially took the wraps off the Galaxy S3 not too long ago, there were many on the internet who expressed their dislike of the flagship phone’s design. Granted taste varies from person to person, but the general consensus was that it just wasn’t the mind-blowing design that many had initially thought. Then again the iPhone 4S was met with the same complaints but look how well it has sold!
Either way the folks at Mobile Phone Blog have gotten their hands on a photo which they are claiming is a side-by-side comparison of the regular Galaxy S3, which presumably will be making its way to international markets, and South Korea’s LTE version of the Galaxy S3 which sports a completely new design. So what’s with the redesign? Apparently the LTE version of the Galaxy S3 will be headed to Korea, but due to the LTE radios being incompatible with Samsung’s quad-core processors, they will be swapping it out for dual-core processors and at the same time giving it a face lift.
Now as a little disclaimer, we’d like to point out that yes, it is pretty obvious that the Korean version of the Galaxy S3’s screen is bigger than the original Galaxy S3 design. We’re not sure if it’s a matter of perspective or just a fake and bad photoshop job (we’re leaning towards the latter), but hypothetically speaking (with the remote possibility of this being true), which design would you prefer? The Korean version which is reminiscent of the Galaxy S2, or the current version which brings to mind the Galaxy Nexus?
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21: Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March