As part of the continued effort from Bing Maps to provide more and better data to its users, Bing Map has announced that it is adding 2700 venues worldwide to its service. The additional data comes from the partnership that Microsoft is doing with Nokia in the mapping area.
If you have not used it before, Bing Venue Maps provides indoor maps for large buildings such as malls. Indoor map information contains store location, but also ATM, restrooms and other things that people may search for in such places.
Of course, 2700 additional venues worldwide isn’t much and chances are that you are not going to use this right away. But just like maps in the early days, this effort will increasingly become more complete, and therefore useful. By then, we can hope that indoor-location will be available on handset, which is what we’re really excited about. If you want to check at venues, just head to the Bing Venue Maps site and note that this is also available to Windows Phone 7.5 users.RELATED
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- Mint Financial App Now Available On Windows 8.1, Windows Phone
- Microsoft Planning To Unite Their Windows Operating Systems
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 Will Be Getting Facebook One-Click Login
- Follow: Microsoft, Nokia,