It’s been awhile since its last update but it looks like Google has pushed out some new improvements to its iOS app. According to reports online, the updated Gmail features smoother animation and scrolling on the iPhone and iPod Touch, as well as the ability to save picture attachments to your photo library (yay!). As usual, we get some bug fixes though it wasn’t mentioned what they were and unfortunately there’s still no support for multiple accounts.
Personally I’m not a huge fan of the current iOS app since I’ve been spoiled by Gmail on Android, but there’s not much to complain about since Apple isn’t going to be letting an ICS-optimized app (in terms of aesthetics and functionality) on its iOS devices anytime soon. However for those of you with iOS devices, be sure to grab the latest update from the Apple App Store and let us know if you’ve found anything new that’s not mentioned here.
Next Story: Samsung Music Hub launched
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2014-03-05: Gmail For iOS Finally Supports Background Refresh
- 2013-03-27: Gmail For iOS Updated To 2.1, Brings New Navigational Functionality
- 2013-01-25: Google Published iOS Apps Dominated 2012
- 2011-12-14: Google Gmail app for iOS updated
- 2011-11-02: Gmail app for iOS devices now official (updated)