Griffin Technology has just announced the availability of MIDIConnect, which is actually a MIDI in and out interface for iOS-powered devices – namely the iPod touch, iPhone and iPad. Basically, MIDIConnect will enable musicians to enjoy a compact and portable solution that allows them to create and edit music wherever they are, without costing a bomb unlike recording studio rentals.
MIDIConnect will introduce a MIDI input and output solution to iOS devices, and so far it has been touted as intuitive enough to use since you are able to plug in MIDI keyboards and other MIDI-capable devices into an iPad, iPod touch or iPhone. Heck, you can also play your MIDI instrument directly into GarageBand or other MIDI-capable apps, or opt to download MIDI Controller apps so that you can make use of the MIDI out port and your touchscreen display during a performance as a MIDI controller. Fret not about compatibility issues as both MIDI in and out ports are industry-standard 5-pin DIN connectors which are compatible with most commonly available MIDI cables and connectors.
Just how much is the asking price for the MIDIConnect? We are looking at $79.99 a pop. [Press Release]
Next Story: HexRinger knows when to turn on silent mode
- 2013-09-06: Griffin MultiDock Updated To Charge A Variety Of Mobile Devices
- 2013-08-16: Moto X Gets PowerDock Accessory By Griffin
- 2013-07-17: Griffin PowerDock 5 Will Charge Up To 5 iOS Devices At Once
- 2013-04-19: Griffin's Crayola Light Marker For The iPad Lets Your Kids "Paint" With Light
- 2013-03-20: Griffin Unveils A Host Of Accessories For The Samsung Galaxy S4