It seems that there were whispers going around that production for the rumored 13.3″ MacBook Pros have already begun, where these are no ordinary MacBook Pros since they carry a Retina Display resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels. This particular bit of news came from NPD DisplaySearch analyst Richard Shim, as he mentioned to the good people over at CNET, “The supply chain indications are that it’s for a MacBook Pro 13.3 – not a MacBook Air.” The displays will be manufactured by three parties – two Korean and one Japanese, mainly Samsung and LG Display, as well as Sharp.
Shim also hinted that launch supplies for the upcoming 13.3″ Retina Display MacBook Pros will definitely be in a larger number compared to the 15″ displays which was first seen in the June released MacBook Pro, touting that the 13.3″ screen size has definitely a far higher potential to be popular compared to its larger (and elder) sibling. Will you be on the lookout for the new 13.3″ Retina Display MacBook Pro?
- 2014-03-05: 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- 2013-11-07: Apple Issues Fix For 13" MacBook Pros' Trackpad And Keyboard Woes
- 2013-11-03: OS X Mavericks Taps MacBook Pro's Ambient Light Sensor To Detect Movement
- 2013-10-30: Apple Announces Fix Incoming For MacBook Pros With Keyboard/Trackpad Issues
- 2013-10-28: Late 2013 MacBook Pros Experiencing Keyboard And Trackpad Freezes
- 2013-03-15: Retina MacBook Pro Owner Files Lawsuit Against Apple Over Ghosting Display
- 2013-03-05: 2013 Retina MacBook Pro Has Fan Speed Issues
- 2013-02-13: MacBook Pro With Retina Display Prices Updated
- 2013-02-08: Apple Mysteriously Hires AMOLED Expert From LG
- 2012-04-12: Intel Ivy Bridge might usher in Retina Display MacBook Pros?