The next time you walk by toy stores and see Angry Birds plushies and keychains up for sale, do not be so quick to dismiss them. You can’t be blamed if you thought who on earth would be such a huge fan that they would not only play the game, but buy the toys at the same time, but apparently these toys are raking in the cash for its developer, Rovio. Speaking with the Wall Street Journal, Commonwealth Toy & Novelty Co.’s vice president, Lisa Shamus revealed that they are expected to double the sales of Angry Birds related merchandise and together with Rovio, has estimated that they might be able to pull in a whopping $400 million in 2012. That makes us wonder how much those unofficial toys and merchandise manufacturers are making as well.
- 2014-03-12 Angry Birds Epic Is A Turn Based RPG
- 2014-03-07 Rovio Teases New Angry Birds Game
- 2014-02-13 Angry Birds Stella Set To Offer New Adventures
- 2014-02-12 Rovio: New Angry Birds Title “Coming Soon”
- 2014-01-29 Angry Birds Website Hacked, Known As Spying Birds Instead
- 2014-01-28 Rovio Denies Allowing NSA To Spy On Users
- 2013-11-27 Angry Birds Go! In-App Purchases Rumored To Get Very Expensive