Yesterday we reported on the leaked specs belonging to the alleged Samsung GT-I9260, which is supposedly the next-gen Nexus. Safe to say the specs were somewhat underwhelming given the phones we’ve seen this year, and certainly was not expected from a Nexus handset. Well as it turns out, it seems that Samsung might not be the only player in the market and according to AndroidNoodles, Japanese carrier NTT DoCoMo is said to be expecting a multitude of Nexus models to be released. These models will be coming from Samsung, LG and Sony and are rumored to sport the names – Galaxy Nexus II, Optimus Nexus and the Xperia Nexus.
It’s a little far-fetched but we are excited at the possibility of having multiple Nexus handsets to choose from, perhaps that might be one way to fight Android fragmentation since all these handsets will get timely updates. However it is possible that Samsung, LG and Sony may simply be bidding for the right to build the Nexus as per tradition, so it’s pretty much up in the air at the moment. In any case we’ll err on the side of caution here and suggest you take this with a grain of salt, but what do you think? Do you love the idea of multiple Nexus devices?
- 2014-03-18: Nexus Wall Charger On Google Play Store
- 2014-02-24: Nexus 6 Relies On 64-bit 8-Core Snapdragon 810 (Rumor)
- 2014-02-06: Next Nexus Tablet Will Be Built By HTC [Rumor]
- 2014-01-20: Intel-Powered Nexus 8 Could Arrive In 2014
- 2014-01-20: Nexus 7 Charging Docks Listed Without Official Availability Date