Apple’s next-gen iPhone, if the rumors are true, is expected to feature 4G LTE connectivity. After all, the Cupertino company’s latest iPad has 4G LTE, so it is not a complete stretch of the imagination to think that the next-gen iPhone will sport LTE connectivity as well. That being said while we’re sure that many iPhone fans will be pleased if the rumors are true, it seems that Samsung is already prepared for such an eventuality and according to the Korea Times, Samsung has confirmed that they will immediately sue Apple should they release future products that make use of LTE technology.
As most of you guys are aware, Samsung and Apple are still duking it out in the courts, with the latter gaining a rather prominent victory in the US courts where Samsung has been ordered to pay Apple a little over $1 billion in damages. In any case since the next-gen iPhone has yet to be announced, it is hard to say if it will come with 4G LTE, and if it does, we have to wonder if Samsung’s statement about suing them might have gotten Apple a little bit worried.
- 2014-04-18: Samsung And Swiss Federal Railways Work Out An Agreement
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2013-03-13: UK Carrier EE Confirms Samsung Galaxy S4 Will Feature 4G LTE
- 2012-11-21: LTE Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 now available from Verizon
- 2012-07-25: Samsung SGH-I547 stops by the FCC with AT&T's LTE radios on board
- 2012-04-09: AT&T rumored to be testing Galaxy Nexus with LTE
- 2012-03-22: Apple reportedly evaluating LTE components for next iPhone