Assuming Samsung fails to appeal the court’s decision in their legal battle against Apple in the US, the Korean company will have to fork out a whopping $1 billion in damages. Perhaps looking to cut back on possible legal fees and to prevent further lawsuits from Apple, it has been reported (via Korea Times) that according to Samsung officials, the company is increasing the level of their partnership with Microsoft as a way to reduce their dependency on Google’s Android platform for their future success.
While Samsung has been known for plenty of products, its mobile devices like the Galaxy S-series have been considered to be some of the best, if not the best, Android devices out there, but what do you guys think? Is this possible and could the recently announced Windows Phone 8 Samsung ATIV S be a step in that direction?
Next Story: Pantech Magnus gets pictured
- 2014-04-21: Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21: Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-03-03: Microsoft-Nokia Deal Reportedly Draws Concerns From Rivals In China
- 2013-04-23: Samsung Receiving Visits By Top Microsoft And Google Executives
- 2011-08-15: Moogle and the Future of Mobile
- 2010-03-20: Samsung Tablet To Sport Android And 4G Connectivity?
- 2010-03-23: Samsung To Launch 4 New Windows Mobile Devices In The Summer