We’ve seen some gaming accessories for the iPhone before, such as physical joysticks that can be attached to the phone’s display for a more tactile experience. However if you wished that there were more gaming accessory options, you might be in luck thanks to the Bladepad accessory. It is currently a Kickstarter project at the moment, but based on what you can see in the rendering above, it’s essentially a casing for your iPhone that slides out and doubles as a physical gaming controller. While its creators did not specify as to what sort of games will be supported by the Bladepad, they are reportedly in talks with major game studios and indie ones to provide as much support as possible.
The device itself will pair with your iPhone via Bluetooth and will come with the usual features of a game controller, such as a D-pad, dual analog sticks, physical buttons and shoulder buttons to top it off. It will also feature backlighting on the buttons which you can take advantage of when playing in low-light environments. If you’re impressed with what you’ve seen so far, a pledge of $69 will net you the device upon successful funding which is also $30 cheaper than its expected retail price. You can head on over to its Kickstarter page for the details or to pledge a donation. So, any takers?
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2014-03-04: Ember iPhone Case Will Help Improve Your Phone's Flash
- 2013-12-05: Lightstrap Turns Your iPhone Into A Flash Ring
- 2013-11-17: Broken iPhone Components Get Recycled Into Furniture
- 2013-07-04: TurtleCell iPhone Cases Comes With Retractable Earphones
- 2013-02-25: mentalKase Lets Your iPhone Survive 6,000 Foot Drops