The Internet is definitely not the place to be if you want solid facts that are unerring in their nature. Whatever you read online, it is always good to perform cross references and checks to make sure that you are on the right track, and I guess the same can be said for rumors and whispers of upcoming hardware. We all know that Windows Phone 8 is well on its way to the market later this year, but who would have thought of the possibility of an October 1st release date? Word on the street (from Pocketnow, anyways) has it that the “initial announcement embargo date” for Windows Phone 8 is September 30th, which happens to fall on a Sunday, leaving the logical conclusion of October 1st as a possible release date.
Apart from that, the rumor mill has been working overtime to lead folks to believe that there is a September release date headed our way, thanks to the efforts of HTC and Nokia – although the percentage of truth regarding those dates have yet to be substantiated. I guess all we need to do now is just sit back, relax and wait for an official announcement from the horse’s mouth itself.
Next Story: Google+ vanity URL introduced
- 2014-03-25: Windows Phone 8.1 Could Let Developers Reply To App Reviews
- 2014-01-27: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas For Windows Phone 8 Launched At Last
- 2014-01-10: Microsoft Will Update All Windows Phone 8 Devices To The Latest Version
- 2013-12-10: Microsoft Updates Skype For Windows Phone 8
- 2013-12-10: Microsoft Launches Socl App For Windows Phone 8 Devices