Half-Life 3 is probably one of the FPS games that many gamers are looking forward to, but when will it be released, and more importantly, what will it be like? While there has not been any official information regarding the game, French website journaldugamer reported that thanks to one of their sources, they have managed to get some information about the game. For starters, their source revealed that Valve is already working on Half-Life 3, so development is most definitely well under way but stated that there still remains a lot of work left to done.
Interestingly though, their source also revealed that Half-Life 3 has been inspired by the Elder Scrolls series of RPGs and will feature many RPG elements, such as being open-world complete with NPCs and quests. It certainly does not sound like the Half-Life that we remember but who knows, it could work out in Valve’s favor. So now that we know what the game could be like, when will it be released? Apparently not until after 2013 which means that if the rumor is right on point, we have a long way to go before we will see it, but good things come to those who wait, right? Anyway we suggest you take this with a grain of salt for now, but let us know in the comments below on what you think of the rumor anyway!
- 2013-10-06: Half-Life 3 Trademark In Europe Has Been Removed, Possibly A Hoax
- 2013-10-02: Half-Life 3 Development Team Revealed By Accident
- 2013-10-01: Half-Life 3 Trademark Filed In Europe
- 2013-08-20: Half-Life Voice Actor "Misspoke" About Half-Life 3's Status
- 2013-08-15: Half-Life 3 Not Being Worked On, According To Half-Life 2's Voice Actor
- 2013-07-26: Half-Life 3 To Be Announced In 2014? [Rumor]
- 2013-06-27: Valve Denies Half-Life 3 Rumors