We have heard of the newly introduced iPhone 5 experiencing Wi-Fi connectivity issues in the past, and it seems that not all is hunky dory from that aspect from everyone. Well, there also seems to be a bug which enabled the iPhone 5 (from Verizon Wireless) to actually consume cellular data even though it is connected to a Wi-Fi network. That does not quite make much sense, does it? Yeah, after giving your head a good scratch, this is the skinny on the situation. It seemed that there is a bug on some iPhone 5 handsets on Verizon Wireless’ network that actually consumed precious cellular data while hooked up to a Wi-Fi network, which would translate to the unnecessary depletion of users’ precious data minutes.
Apple has encouraged Verizon users perform the instructions found here in order to install an update that will fix this bug. Hopefully, for good, too. Are you a Verizon Wireless subscriber with a new iPhone 5 who suffered from this bug, and are peeved about it? For those who have applied the update and performed the necessary, how is your iPhone 5 Wi-Fi experience now?
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-05-07: Verizon To Offer $100 Discount On iPhone 5 Mid-May [Rumor]
- 2013-04-18: Verizon Sells 4M iPhones, 2M iPhone 5s Last Quarter
- 2013-04-11: Verizon CEO Claims He Convinced Steve Jobs To Include LTE In The iPhone
- 2013-02-13: iPhone Tops Japan Market Share
- 2012-09-12: Verizon enables cellular FaceTime use regardless of data plan