Samsung and Apple do have some bad blood going on in between them – to the tune of $1 billion actually, in favor of the fruity company. Word has it (from a Korean source, no less) that Samsung Electronics will “sue Apple over its release of the iPhone 5 for infringing on its fourth-generation (4G) long-term evolution (LTE) connectivity patents.” I guess the battle lines have been drawn even before the September 12th event where it is largely expected for Cupertino to unveil the latest iPhone, currently speculated to be the iPhone 5, at Yerba Buena in San Francisco.
A senior Samsung representative further confirmed the South Korean giant’s intentions of suing Apple over LTE by adding, “It’s true that Samsung Electronics has decided to take immediate legal action against the Cupertino-based Apple. Countries in Europe and even the United States – Apple’s home-turf – are our primary targets.”
No love lost here, and it would be interesting to see, if the lawsuit actually gets filed, how everything will end up.
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Collection To Launch In May
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy Beam 2 Officially Launched In China
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Patent Could Hint At Galaxy Note 4's Design [Rumor]
- 2014-04-24 Samsung Galaxy S5 Outsold The iPhone 5s In Its Opening Weekend
- 2014-04-24 Samsung To Launch Gear App Challenge On May 8th
- 2013-12-08 Apple Spent $60 Million Fighting Samsung In Court
- 2013-10-14 Samsung And Apple Rumored To Be Working On 12 Inch Tablets
- 2013-08-04 ITC Ban On iPhone, iPad Sales Vetoed By Obama Administration
- 2013-07-01 Samsung Devices Receive The Heaviest Subsidies, According To Research
- 2013-06-21 Japan Court Claims Samsung Infringed Upon Apple’s Bounce Back Patent