As the launch event of the iPhone 5 draws near, many iPhone users are planning to shed the older models and grab the new one. However, as eager as they may be, they also wish to extract the best re-sale value from their device
Naturally, an unlocked iPhone gathers far better money in resale compared to one that is not. In a surprise move, AT&T has provided the users of AT&T iPhones an option to unlock their devices. However, you will have to fulfill certain requirements before being able to profit from this deal.
You must be using an AT&T iPhone to be able to request an unlock. iPhones from other carriers will not be extended the courtesy. Also, the contracts tied to the iPhone you wish to have unlocked must’ve been fulfilled. Finally, and quite obviously, your iPhone must not have been reported as stolen.
If you fulfil the requirements, you can fill in the request form to have your iPhone unlocked. AT&T promises to fulfil the requests within five to seven days. This sounds like a great idea to reach out to the customers and extend them a useful service so that they wouldn’t switch the carriers once iPhone 5 launches. Good luck…
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2014-04-14: More Alleged iPhone 6 Molds Surface, Hints At 4.7-inch Display
- 2013-09-13: AT&T iPhone 5s And iPhone 5c Arrives On September 20
- 2013-06-27: T-Mobile, AT&T iPhone 5 14.2 Carrier Update Being Rolled Out
- 2013-06-24: AT&T Discounts iPhone 5, Galaxy S4, HTC One By 50% For A Limited Time
- 2013-06-17: AT&T Rolls Out Update To iPhone Users To Enable Emergency Alerts
- 2013-06-10: AT&T Launches iPhone Push-To-Talk Service